Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Shortcake


I made this at the end of March, when the really good strawberries were in the stores. It was SO YUMMY!

Now, in my family, we just can't stand that yucky spongy mess of grossness that they sell in a package of 4. We have always made this dish with pie crust laid flat on a cookie sheet sprinkled with sugar and baked. It was much better....but this recipe was off the roof good! Real, homemade with love, shortcakes! It was so easy to make and so yummy!



My son decided since he helped me cut the strawberries, he had to get the first dessert :) We ran out of strawberries before we ran out of shortcakes, so we ate the shortcakes like cookies!













1 comment:

Candi said...

That looks so good. I've been waiting for these pictures!! Care to share the recipe for the shortbread? :-)